Fiancé Visa Requirements
- The person who will petition the visa of the fiancé must be a US citizen.
- The petitioner and the fiancé must be free to marry anytime. All previous marriages must already be divorced, annulled or terminated.
- The petitioner must have met his/her fiancé within at least the past two years. A waiver can be requested but only in rare situations such as the US citizen is prevented to travel outside the US.
- You must have a real relationship. This will show on how you treat each other, how you show sincerity and your time together.
- A minimum income requirement is needed to be reached for the petitioner which is based from the petitioner’s number of dependents.
Marriage Visa Requirements
- The petitioner must be a permanent US citizen or a holder of a permanent green card.
- The persons involved should be legally married according to the rules of the place of marriage.
- Both should be more than 18 years old. If they are under aged, the consent of a parent is required.
- Both must prove that the marriage is real and sincere.
- Both must have met in person before the filing of the marriage visa.
- The petitioner needs to meet the minimum income requirement for a marriage visa.